Website Ashton Domiciliary Care
We are a family owned, friendly business. We’re rated Good by CQC with Outstanding for Responsive. Permanent contracts, paid holiday, paid travel time, training, free uniform, employee of the month scheme, an extra 50p per hour on weekday evenings, £1 extra per hour at weekends and bank holiday is either time and a half or double time on Christmas. As soon as you start, you’re eligible for an additional 50p per hour for every hour you’ve worked that month. If you want to see a little bit more about us, please take a look at the short video on our website: http://www.ashtondomiciliarycare.com/
We are recruiting for full-time and part-time roles based in the community. We offer hours between 7am and 10pm and our busiest time is in the evening. We are happy to discuss how many days and which days of the week you are available to work. The ideal candidate will be able to work evenings as part of their rota.
We will give you a permanent contract for the amount of hours per week that we’ve agreed you will work (we don’t give out zero hour contracts unless you’ve asked for one). This way you can be guaranteed work and receive holiday pay.
We accept applications from all backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have their own car with insurance and be able to drive. We offer qualifications once you have passed your probationary period, although we are looking for someone with a minimum of six months’ experience for this role. Higher rates of pay are offered for those with relevant NVQs.
Ashton Care is a family owned and run business based in Bognor Regis. We opened our first home in 1986 and started working in the community in 2006. We’re keen to train our staff as we believe investing in them helps us to build a better, stronger future. The business has started another new initiative to sponsor a number of employees through their nursing training.You will be part of a strong, friendly team who help our service users to keep their independence and dignity in their own home.
We look for the following qualities in our staff:
• Sensitive to the needs each individual service user
• An active team player but also able to work on own initiative
• A good communicator
The job description is:
1. Encourage service users to remain as independent as possible
2. To assist service users who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet
3. To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence and help with use and care of aids and personal equipment
4. To care for service users who are temporarily sick this may include bed nursing, etc
5. To help with palliative care to service users
6. To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
7. To assist service users with domestic tasks such as making and change beds, tidy rooms, laundry, light cleaning and emptying commodes etc
8. To prepare and serve meals to service users that need help, wash up, tidy and clear the kitchen and dining area.
9. To read care plans, write care notes after each visit and complete medication documents
10. To comply with the agency’s guidelines and policies at all times
11. To perform such other duties as may be reasonably required
12. To report to the agency manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user
To apply for this job please visit www.ashtondomiciliarycare.com.