Website Walstead Place Care Home - Caring Homes Group
Care Assistant – Walstead Place Care Home
Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Flexible Working – We can offer breakfast, twilight, school hours, part time & full time hours.
We regularly Covid test all our residents and staff
ABOUT THE HOME
Walstead Place Care Home in Haywards Heath is a magnificent 19th century country squire’s residence, sensitively converted to provide the highest standard of residential care for up to 43 elderly residents. The home itself is located in the quietly beautiful hamlet of Walstead, just a mile from Lindfield.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An excellent and exciting opportunity to join our Walstead Place Care Home as a Care Assistant! You will work part of a great team and be making a difference to our residents by providing excellent care standards, taking pride in treating our residents as individuals.
As a Care Assistant at Caring Homes, you’ll help residents enjoy each day by making sure they get the quality care and support they deserve. Responsible for supporting our elderly residents with daily living, providing support and companionship, assisting with their physical and personal needs – where every day is different and rewarding!
THE SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
Compassion’s the only qualification you need!
If making people’s lives better is what gets you up in the morning, you should come and join a like-minded team at Walstead Place Care Home. As a Care Assistant here, you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents with reliable, compassionate care.
And we’re not looking for experience or qualifications: we’ll give you all the training you need. Furthermore, we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your career with us and progress into a Senior Care Assistant role.
What we want above all are genuinely kind, sympathetic people, who will really get a thrill from enhancing the happiness and wellbeing of our residents. Whether it’s going out of the way to make them feel comfortable and respected, or just taking an interest in how their grandchildren are doing, you’ll be the kind of person who loves to brighten up our residents’ days.
If that sounds like you, we think you’ll love working at Walstead Place. We’re part of the Caring Homes Group which is one of the UK’s leading providers of residential, nursing and dementia care for the elderly.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE CAN OFFER YOU?
Within Caring Homes Group you can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package as listed below, you will also get satisfaction of doing genuinely rewarding work.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Opportunity to achieve City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Care and City & Guilds Level 3 in Adult Care
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Optional company pension scheme, once eligibility criteria met
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal.
- We are a Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
- Free or subsidised meals*
Love your job every day! If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now by clicking the links.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.
*Dependant on location
In order to protect both our staff and our residents, unless there are wholly exceptional reasons (which we will consider on an individual basis), From 11 November 2021, anyone working or volunteering in one of our cares home will need to be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (COVID-19) and will need to agree to continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.caringhomescareers.co.uk.