Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned Registered for a maximum of 35 Service Users Registered Care Categories* Mental Health Condition Substance Misuse *Registered with regulator ‘Care Quality Commission (CQC)’ to provide these categories of care. Specialist Care Categories Alcohol Dependence (past or present) Challenging Behaviour Drug Dependence (past or present) Schizophrenia. Ages 18+.
Reporting to: Home Manager
Main purpose of the job:
To provide practical and emotional support to Residents and assist in their daily living in order for
them to be as independent as possible and to assist in leading the other care support workers on
Main responsibilities as a Senior Care Support Worker:
• To assist with leadership on the floor, organising tasks e.g. completing shift planners
/delegating tasks to staff
• Managing residents’ monies/therapeutic/food money
• To promote high standards of care by an ongoing review of therapeutic practices and
• To provide a key working role and to arrange and hold weekly key working sessions with
• To be responsible for the assessment, planning and implementation of individual care plans
for allocated residents. To continually evaluate the care plans and modify when needed to
• To support the implementation of Resident`s care plans.
• Medication administration/ booking in received medication, participating in medication
• Holding supervision sessions with care support workers and other staff
• Reviewing delegated Residents forms
• To ensure that all work-related problems / issues, whether personal or Resident orientated,
are discussed with the Home Manager
General responsibilities as a Care Support Worker:
• To ensure that a safe, caring, and homely environment for Residents is maintained
which will allow and encourage them to develop to their full potential and support
• To treat Residents with courtesy and dignity at all times.
• To report to Senior Staff, Deputy Manager or Home Manager (as applicable) on your
observations of Residents mental, physical, spiritual, and social wellbeing.
• To assist with the administration of medications in accordance with legal requirements
and the policies and procedures of Deepdene Care.
• Carry out observations and physical health monitoring as and when directed.
• To support Residents to participate in the Home’s activities programme with both
internal and external activities.
• To organize and deliver activities when required.
• To support with key working duties with individual residents, as directed.
• To assist and encourage Residents in maintaining good personal hygiene and
• To arrange and accompanying Residents to attend appointment e.g. GP, dental etc
• To assist Residents with their laundry and general tidying of their rooms as detailed in
the Room Base Check.
• To ensure that handover information is accurately received and given, ensuring that all
necessary documentation is written at a good standard and updated before the end of
• To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• To liaise with other professionals as and when necessary regarding Residents.
• To participate in care planning and reviewing documents for designated Residents
• To supervise and assist Residents at mealtimes.
• To assist or prepare meals for residents when required
• To perform some domestic tasks e.g. cleaning when required.
• To support other Home`s roles when staff shortages occur
• To ensure the environment is safe and secure; and to be fully conversant in all
Deepdene Care’s policies and procedures such as fire procedures, health and safety
• To ensure emergency procedures are known and are adhered to when necessary.
• To ensure that the layout of the buildings including fire exits, fire call points, smoke
detectors, fire equipment and fire control panels are known.
• To ensure the reporting of any occurrences or concerns that may put Residents, staff or
visitors at risks, in regard to the home environment.
• To ensure all communal areas are tidy and safe.
• To ensure all kitchen areas are kept clean and tidy. Ensure all fridges are switched on
and are closed properly.
• To ensure laundry room is kept clean and tidy ensuring that the guidelines for the usage
of the machines are adhered to.
• To assist with the induction of new staff.
• To act responsibly with regards to other staffs’ well being.
• To participate in staff meetings, training, supervisions, appraisals, and teaching
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised from time to time
to reflect the changing needs of Deepdene Care
Deepdene Courts core principles
- Treat all residents with dignity & respect
- deliver recovery through, activity, inclusion & life style
- Be adaptable to meet our residents needs
- Be dedicated, professional and pro-active
- Maintain a clean, safe and homely environment