Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned Registered for a maximum of 35 Service Users Registered Care Categories* Mental Health Condition Substance Misuse *Registered with regulator ‘Care Quality Commission (CQC)’ to provide these categories of care. Specialist Care Categories Alcohol Dependence (past or present) Challenging Behaviour Drug Dependence (past or present) Schizophrenia. Ages 18+.
Accountable To: Home Manager
To provide and maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the home where residents
with complex mental health and challenging behaviours reside.
• Provide and maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic environment for the
residents who reside in the Homes; whilst adhering to health and safety regulations.
• Work as part of a team, assisting other domestic support staff in tasks if needed.
• Adhere to cleaning schedules and always ensure the cleanliness of the home.
• Ensure that regular checks are completed on communal areas such as kitchens,
bathrooms, lounges etc, and where applicable, sign the check sheet to ensure that a
high standard of hygiene is always maintained.
• Clean all communal floor areas in the Home you are working in.
• Adhere to health & safety and hygiene regulations in relation to domestic activities
including fire procedures & COSHH regulations.
• Ensure cleaning materials stores, linen stores and cleaning materials are always
cleaned after use, labelled and kept tidy. Taking full responsibility for all allocated
• Ensure weekly stock checks are completed throughout the home and reported to the
Home Manager. All stock to be signed in and out where appropriate by all staff who
have access to cleaning supplies
• Ensure communal areas including internal paintwork, doors, window frames, sinks,
skirting boards, furniture and windows are wiped down and cleaned to the standards
• Ensure spring cleaning and other regular / seasonal cleaning tasks are carried out.
• Support the organisation of home deep cleans.
• Ensure all equipment is used correctly and always left in good working order and
stored in a safe place
• Ensure correct and economical use of equipment and cleaning materials
• Report any maintenance issues or faults on equipment to maintenance staff via
existing reporting procedures in place.
• Clean and sanitise all bathrooms in the Home you are working in. Complete and sign
bathroom signing sheet to confirm that these have been cleaned to expected standard
• Laundry tasks, cleaning of bedrooms and ensuites required
• If required, cleaning residents’ bedrooms and en-suites to ensure they are kept to a
good standard for infection control and health and safety standards.
• Adhere to the Deepdene Care’s disposal of waste process.
• Complete Deepdene Care`s mandatory online training to ensure regulatory compliance
• To attend courses when needed, relating to the environment you work in and the
equipment you use.
• To be caring sympathetic and tactful when dealing with residents.
• To respect the resident’s independence, privacy and dignity.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding resident information and Deepdene Care’s policies
• Take responsibility to understand and follow Deepdene Care`s Health and Safety
• Take responsibility to understand and follow Deepdene Care’s Policies and
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised from time to time
to reflect the changing needs of Deepdene Care
Deepdene Courts core principles
Treat all residents with dignity & respect
deliver recovery through, activity, inclusion & life style
Be adaptable to meet our residents needs
Be dedicated, professional and pro-active
Maintain a clean, safe and homely environment