Community Care Assistant – Part time / Weekends – Durrington, Worthing, Horsham, Crawley, Bognor Regis (Regulated)
Location: West Sussex Regulated Service – Durrington
Contract Type: Permanent – Part time
Closing Date: 02 October 2020
Salary: £10 per hour
Specific Hours: Part time / Weekends
Closing Date: 2nd October 2020
Established by Essex County Council in 2009, ECL is the UK’s first Local Authority Trading Company. We provide high quality care to vulnerable individuals, including the elderly. Drawing on our internal network of specialist support roles and working closely with NHS and external health and social care providers, we work to help our customers regain and develop their independence during their time with us
As a Community Care Assistant, you will be supporting our customers in their own homes with all aspects of their day-to-day living, including physical and social activities such as eating, bathing and shopping. We are looking for people who are caring, supportive and passionate about providing a high level of care and support to vulnerable people, maintaining dignity and respect at all times. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and an empathetic approach are essential.
Previous experience in the Care Industry is not essential, as a full induction course and ‘shadow’ training will be provided to successful candidates.
• To ensure that customers have choice and control over the service/s they receive and the outcomes they wish to achieve.
• To show commitment to the mental and physical wellbeing of our customers by supporting them within a variety of settings,
• To meet outcome-based performance targets to support our customers’ independence and self-sufficiency skills throughout their short-term care plan
• Use of ECL’s staff and customer information system (CACI), ensuring attention to detail in the reporting and recording of care plans
• Develop and maintain strong relationships and communication links with our customers, colleagues and other professionals, e.g. GP’s, District Nurses, Social Workers to ensure a comprehensive and versatile care provision
Your Career Starts Here…
Are you looking for a rewarding career and have the passion to make a difference?
With on-going training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications at the same time.
Benefits of working at ECL include:
• 45p mileage allowance (up to 10,000 miles p/a)
• Travelling time paid between calls
• Double pay on bank holidays
• Flexible working patterns
• Annual salary reviews and performance bonus
• Up to £1000 ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme available to staff *
• Healthcare support scheme
• Enhanced contributory pension scheme
• ECL employee rewards scheme
• Free DBS check (if required)
• Career progression opportunities within ECL
• Driving license and use of personal vehicle for work purposes
• Enhanced DBS Check (can be arranged through ECL if needed)
• Complete a Care Certificate qualification through ECL during your probationary period (if not previously attained)
To view the full Job Description for this role, please click here.
Sounds like a role suited to your skills?
Submit your application here, and the first step of the recruitment process will be a CV screening stage followed by a short telephone conversation with our recruitment team. Successful applicants will be invited to a face to face interview, and if you are offered a role with ECL you will be sent a written offer of employment, subject to pre-employment checks.
ECL are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
This position requires a current driving license and access to a vehicle.
To apply for this job please visit isw.changeworknow.co.uk.