Website Guild Care
Bradbury Centre, Haviland House
£9.90 per hour
Hours of Work
Mondays, Tuesday and Fridays (9am – 4.30pm), Saturdays once a fortnight (12 pm- 4 pm)
23 hours per week
Shortlisted upon receipt
Proposed interview date/s (if known)
Bradbury Wellbeing Centre
Our Club is a friendly and supportive weekly session for up to 15 members living with dementia.
The club offers a gentle and homely environment in which to enjoy meaningful person-centred activities. A large amount of support is offered to those attending the club, with a high staff-to-member ratio of one to three.
Whilst we provide these sessions, club members’ unpaid carers can have time to themselves, safe in the knowledge that their loved ones are happy and being looked after.
We have an exciting opportunity available to join our team at the Bradbury Wellbeing Centre. The role is to support the implementation of Guild Care’s vision to enable people living with dementia to live fulfilling, safe and secure lives. You will provide support and befriending to older people to improve individuals’ health and wellbeing, reduce loneliness and maximise their independence. You will in our friendly team to support a small group of older people, to participate in activities, outings, and events in a safe, stimulating and person-centred environment. You will be a positive role model for staff and an ambassador for Guild Care.
Why work for Guild Care? Our benefits, your career and who we are….
At Guild Care, we are passionate about career progression for all our employees, we have developed clear learning pathways for all our job roles at Guild Care. We take everyone’s career goals seriously, whether you want to be an amazing Care Assistant or our next Director of Care. We’re proud that the average length of service for our care home senior management team is 17 years- many of whom started as Care Assistants and followed our career pathways.
Our Amazing Benefits at Guild Care…..
Working for a local charity that has supported the community since 1933
Welcome to Guild Care bonus (for eligible roles)- Up to £1000 for Registered Nurses and up to £1000 for Care, Home Care and Day Services Support Staff
Refer a friend scheme- you could earn £500 for recommending a friend to Guild Care
Buddy Incentive- you could receive up to £125 to support our new recruits in role, promoting a supportive and friendly environment for our newcomers (Care Services only)
20-25 days holiday
Flexible shift patterns
Free DBS check
Excellent learning and development opportunities and clear defined care career pathway
Local offers for Guild Care staff
Being part of a values- led organisation
· Ability to use your imagination to engage others
· Ability to make others smile
· Ability to work from the heart
· Ability to make the most of the time you have to provide positive social interactions
· To be non-judgemental towards others
· Ability to listen and respect others’ points of view even if you disagree
· A commitment to meet the requirements of the Care Certificate
· Satisfactory DBS check
· Availability to work unsocial hours i.e. early mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays to ensure the home is covered 365 days a year
· QCF Qualification (NVQ Level 2) in health and social care or an equivalent qualification, including relevant dementia care units or a commitment to work toward it
· Knowledge and understanding of the needs of people with dementia, who need care and support
· Previous experience in providing care and support to people with dementia in a residential setting
· Understanding of mental capacity and deprivation of liberty safeguards
· Understanding of the Care Act 2014 and CQC regulatory framework
Get in touch
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org call our Recruitment Team on 01903 863154.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy upon successful selection of candidates, please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.