Website Heathfield (Horsham) Ltd
This position is for a Day Care Assistant who is also willing to carry out occasional Night Care Assistant shifts.
The contract will be for a minimum of 4 x shifts per week (minimum 26 hours per week) any day of the week including weekends and bank holidays. Shifts are 6.5 hours per shift either AM shift, PM shift or Long Days (AM – PM)
We would encourage applicants who are willing to pick up additional shifts each week to cover shortfalls in the rota. Applicants should be flexible.
Overall Objectives of Role
1. To carry out a variety of delegated responsibilities whilst caring for the Residents who are in your charge.
2. To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of Residents in ways that respect the dignity of the individual and promote independence, providing for each Resident’s physical care, their emotional needs, safety and security.
3. To assist in the general day-to-day activities of Heathfield and to carry out a range of domestic duties.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. In respect of each Resident in your charge, to read and make written entries as appropriate to each Resident’s Care Plan and Daily Record Report.
2. To draw the attention of the Senior Care person-in-charge to any incident or situation you encounter that you think could be of significance. This will include resident safety issues, any abuse and breach of rules by staff, residents or visitors.
3. To participate in and contribute constructively to staff and Resident meetings and to participate in training events as requested.
4. Following training and abiding by the rules and regulations governing the safe handling of drugs together with paying close attention to detail, to administer prescribed medications to Residents, keeping all related records accurately and up-to-date.
5. To be familiar with Heathfield’s fire regulations and emergency procedures. To participate in regular fire training and emergency practices.
6. To ensure that strict confidentiality is maintained in respect of all aspects of Residents’ care and their affairs, with all personal data and records being safeguarded in full compliance with the Data Protection Act requirements and related Principles.
7. To answer the main door and the telephone and to greet visitors to Heathfield. To take telephone messages and connect calls as appropriate.
8. To assist Registration Officers during their visits to inspect Heathfield.
1. To help to promote the mental and physical wellbeing of Residents by talking to them, taking them outside of the premises (including in wheelchairs) and by sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies or other recreational activities.
2. To assist Residents who need help with dressing, undressing, washing, bathing, toileting and incontinence issues.
3. To help Residents who have mobility problems or physical disabilities.
4. To assist in the operation of Residents’ personal equipment or physical aids and equipment being used e.g. to reposition Residents in bed or for transferring Residents from chair to bed or vice versa, while ensuring that any aid being used is clean and safe to use.
5. To make and change beds, tidy rooms and to carry out light cleaning activities.
6. To serve meals, assisting Residents at meal times if required and to help with the washing up of trays and utensils.
7. To inspect, launder and mend Residents’ items of clothing.
8. To respond to Residents’ emergency bells, assess and deal with the situation. To involve the Senior Care person-in-charge.
9. To assist Residents who need help, reassurance or comfort.
1. To comply with Heathfield’s requirements relating to the wearing, repair and cleanliness of uniforms and work apparel.
2. To be a contributing and supportive member of the Heathfield team, fostering good working relationships and helping out in emergencies as required.
3. To become and remain aware of all of Heathfield’s adopted policies and procedures as they apply to employees, including for safeguarding the care, welfare and health & safety of Residents at all times.
4. To follow Heathfield’s published rules and policies as regards equal opportunities, dignity at work, abuse and harassment so as to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and reasonably.
5. To be responsible for your own health & safety at work and to take good care of all Residents, colleagues and visitors to Heathfield affected by your work activities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.