Type of service – Supported Living
Location – Walberton
Salary information – £9.90 + 10% overtime allowance for hours worked over the full time equivalent of 37.5 hours per week.
Working hours – Various hours depending on the requirements of the people we support.
#Care to join us?
We are looking for Support Workers to join our friendly and welcoming team here at Hft. This is your chance to make a real difference to people’s lives.
About the role
We are seeking Support Workers to join us and support adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. We recognise that the current pandemic means we have had to adapt to change and, in many ways, we are now doing things differently but what hasn’t changed is our passion for standards and doing all we can to look after the people we support both in these current challenging times and in the future.
As a Support Worker at Hft Walberton you will recognise that every person we support has their own needs, wishes, goals, likes and dislikes, and the support we provide is always person-centred.
The people we support in Supported Living might attend day services – in our orchards and apple juicing plant, woodwork-shop, activity sessions or on the allotment. Some people we support have volunteer or paid jobs, go to college, the pub, art workshops, swimming and shopping. You will support them with medical appointments, with personal care, their personal finances and with keeping their home clean.
You’ll be helping to ensure the people we support:
- Build confidence to develop interests
- Feel secure and safe
- Are provided with any personal care needed with dignity
- Increase their independence
- Are enabled to make as many choices as possible
- Achieve personal goals, which may include travel or holidays
- You will be required to work on your own, and will be expected to ensure the house is kept clean and that all health & safety checks are up to date. You will also be required to keep up to date with your training (online and face to face).
We provide support every day of the year, so you will need to have flexibility to work shifts, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
You don’t need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job – you’ll get plenty of training along the way. Having the right values, a positive attitude to life and a desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible is what matters most. You will need to have good listening skills and a practical, caring approach. You also need to have basic level IT skills to be able to use a computer as you will regularly need to record information about people you will be supporting. Whether you are an experienced professional or completely new to the world of care, we want you to be a compassionate and friendly individual, who shares our values.
What’s in it for you?
There are a range of benefits and career development opportunities at Hft. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and support along the way.
If you do not already have a relevant qualification in Health and Social Care, Hft will fully fund and provide training for you to obtain your Diploma in Health and Social Care along with the Care Certificate within the first 18 months of your employment.
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation, we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 days statutory Bank holidays)
- 20% bank holidays allowance with an increased rate of 50% for Christmas Day, Boxing day and New Years Day
- Apprenticeships – Earn whilst gaining a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care along with the Care Certificate with a Top 100 apprenticeship employer (ranked 11th in 2020)
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package
- Access to award-winning training and development
- Annual staff award scheme
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
Find your place with us and change lives.Further infomation link: displayjob.aspx?jobid=4851
To apply for this job please visit careers.hft.org.uk.