Learning Disabilities Support Worker – Barnham/Fontwell
Potential earnings of £19,771* pa based on a qualified rate and 47 sleep-ins per year
- 8.91 hourly rate
- £44.62 payment for sleep-ins (plus 12.07% in lieu of holiday pay)
- Driver essential
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
We are seeking Support Workers to join us and support adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. We recognise that the current pandemic means we have had to adapt to change and, in many ways, we are now doing things differently but what hasn’t changed is our passion for standards and doing all we can to look after the people we support both in these current challenging times and in the future.
As a Support Worker at Chestnuts (Barnham) or Laurels (Fontwell) you will be supporting adults with learning disabilities to attend day services in Walberton in our orchards and apple juicing plant, woodworkshop, activity sessions or on the allotment. Some have volunteer jobs, go to college, swimming, art workshops and shopping. You will support them with medical appointments, their personal finances, their personal care and to keep their homes clean. Both houses have six-bedrooms with a large garden and the people we support enjoy cooking, gardening, holidays, pottery, crafts, steam railway trips and having BBQs – all of which you will be supporting them to do.
You’ll be helping to ensure the people we support:
- Build confidence to develop interests
- Feel secure and safe
- Are provided with any personal care needed with dignity
- Increase their independence
- Are enabled to make as many choices as possible
- Achieve personal goals, which may include travel or holidays
- You will be required to work on your own at times, and will be expected to ensure the house is kept clean and that all health & safety checks are up to date. You will also be required to keep up to date with your training (online and face to face).
We provide 24/7 support to some people, so you will need to have flexibility to work shifts, including nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
A driver is essential in this role, and both houses have their own vehicle. You don’t need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job – you’ll get plenty of training along the way. Having the right values, a positive attitude to life and a desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible is what matters most. You will need to have good listening skills and a practical, caring approach. You also need to have basic level IT skills to be able to use a computer as you will regularly need to record information about people you will be supporting.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Apprenticeships – earn whilst gaining a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care with a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer (ranked 11th in 2020)
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out and an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
- As a “key worker” you will benefit from government incentive schemes
Join us and help change lives.Further infomation link: www.hft.org.uk
To apply for this job please visit careers.hft.org.uk.