Website Housing 21
Location: Monaveen, Peckham Chase, Eastergate, Chichester, PO20 3AR
Hours: Full and Part time guaranteed hours available
Hourly rate: £11.05 per hour
Closing date: 7th May, 2021
Are you looking for a role where no two days are the same?
Do you love going the extra mile for people to make them feel valued and respected?
Here at Housing 21, there is a reason why over 90% of residents living in our Extra Care schemes are satisfied with the care we provide. From the friendly smile at the door, to the person-centred care delivered in each individual’s home, you’ll help us improve the lives of older people– and feel extremely rewarded for what you do.
Our Care Workers have being described as being a ‘friend’, a ‘helping hand’ and even ‘the best tea maker’ at work! Today, what will you be?
What the role of Care Worker involves:
· Assisting residents with personal needs where necessary and appropriate e.g. getting up in the morning, washing / bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and getting into bed in the evening.
· Providing assistance with household and domestic tasks, e.g. laundry, shopping, cleaning, and financial transactions such as paying bills.
· Making meals, drinks and snacks where necessary.
· Encouraging and enabling residents to follow agreed care plans.
· Keeping care managers, the service and key agencies informed about the wellbeing of residents and the progress of the care being undertaken.
· Shift pattern: To be discussed at interview
What you need:
· No experience is necessary however a positive, can do attitude and a willingness to learn is a must
· To be kind and friendly
· Good written and verbal English communication skills
· Commitment to undertake necessary further training
· A friendly and caring approach
· A genuine desire to help people
· Reliability and flexibility
· The ability to use your initiative
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
What you will get in return:
· An hourly rate of at least 10% above the National Living Wage
· Paid annual leave
· Paid training and shadowing with experienced Care Workers
· Ongoing Specialist Care Training
· Career progression
· Dedicated support from your Line Manager
· Uniform provided
· Pension scheme
· Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
· Car Leasing Scheme
Housing 21 is passionate about people and committed to investing in employees to help them to be the best they can be. We hold the Investors in People Gold standard and there has never been a better time to join us as the organisation continues to make a positive difference to society, through the provision of quality housing and care for older people of modest means.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A FULL ENHANCED DBS CHECK – COST WILL BE MET BY THE APPLICANT AND WILL BE REIMBURSED AFTER SIX MONTHS OF CONTINUOUS EMPLOYMENT.
An offer of employment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced disclosure check, satisfactory references, and induction training.Further infomation link: careers
To apply for this job email your details to Carly.Tucker@housing21.org.uk.