Website Impact Initiatives
Job reference: ASC/SA/Aug 20
Part-time / 22 hours per week including 4 evenings per month
Salary starting: Impact Band 3 / NJC Point 22 / £21,496 per annum (pro rata)
+ Pension and generous holiday allowance
Funded by West Sussex County Council, Impact Advocacy Service currently supports two Self-Advocacy groups for people with Asperger’s / Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) in West Sussex. We are currently looking for a facilitator to join our team. The role of the facilitator will be to work alongside people with Asperger’s / ASC to run their own Self-Advocacy groups.
The role entails supporting the groups to:
- run monthly group and committee meetings
- undertake their committee roles
- work on campaigns/projects that they have planned
- encourage new members, and
- attend external meetings.
Requirements for this role:
- a good understanding of Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum Conditions
- a good understanding of Self-Advocacy
- an ability to communicate well with people with Asperger’s / ASC
- an ability to work effectively within group settings
- an ability to work flexible hours, and attend both day and evening meetings
- car driver able to travel independently around West Sussex
Closing date for applications: 9.00am, Monday 21 September 2020.
For further details and to apply please visit our jobs page impact-initiatives.org.uk/jobs
If you have queries about the job, please telephone Harriet Wilson or Lesley Durbin on 01903 730044.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful applicant may be subject to a DBS check.
To apply for this job please visit impact-initiatives.org.uk.