Melrose Care Home, a family run, 25 bed nursing home based in Worthing, West Sussex provide second-to-none care for our residents, offering a truly personal experience for everyone who lives with us.
As a nursing home rated “Outstanding” by CQC we are seeking to recruit a part-time cook to support our committed and driven team and to uphold the same ethos and passion for care that we do.
The main duties to include, but not limited to:
· To be involved in planning menus with the team and residents.
· To liaise with trained nurses on a daily basis about dietary requirements and make allowances for residents’ changing needs.
· To ensure vegetarian options are available at all time.
· To adhere to food and hygiene regulations and make sure the kitchen is compliant with food safety legislations.
· To attend mandatory training and meetings as requested.
· To organise and participate with cleaning rotas.
Salary: Excellent rates of pay dependent on experience.
Shift patterns comprise of:
· You will also be required to work weekends and cover sickness and holiday
The right person will be/have:
· Able to communicate both written and verbally
· Basic food hygiene certificate
· Experience of working in the catering environment
· Able to work as a team member
· Ability to work using own initiative
· Understanding of special dietary needs in relation to nutrition
· A kind and compassionate nature
· A willingness to learn
· Intermediate food Hygiene Certificate
· Level 2 food hygiene certificate (or willing to do your course with Melrose)
· Previous experience relevant to job role
· Experience in working with older people in relation to food requirements
· Interest in staff training and development
· Paid training
· Free meal when working over 6 hours each day
· Refer a friend reward scheme
· Paid breaks
· 5.6 weeks holiday per year pro rata
· DBS refund after completing 6 months employment
· Pension Scheme
· Opportunities for overtime
Melrose Care Home does not have any on-site parking
Job Type: Part-time