Melrose Care Home, a family run, 25 bed nursing home based in Worthing, West Sussex provide second-to-none care for our residents, offering a truly personal experience for everyone who lives with us.
As a nursing home rated “Outstanding” by CQC we are seeking to recruit both full-time and part-time Registered Nurses to join our committed and driven team and to uphold the same ethos and passion for care that we do.
To ensure a high standard of nursing and care is provided for a group of residents, and to be in charge of the Home in the absence of the Manager as required.
The main duties to include, but not limited to:
· To act as a Shift Team Leader and to provide overall supervision and development for Care Staff.
· To be responsible for assessment, day to day nursing and care of residents, controlling drug usage and supply, and providing advice to other staff.
· To deputise for the Home’s Manger during his/her absence, taking overall responsibility for the management of the Home. RNs on duty at night will generally be deputising the Home Manager.
· To play an active corporate role in the senior management team of the Home, working positively with other senior staff who may be involved in managing other parts of the home’s services on a day-to-day basis.
· To be responsible for the day-to-day planning, provision and recording of resident care in compliance with Melrose Care’s Residents’ Charter and all current legislative and regulatory requirements.
· To liaise with residents, families and carers, the Home’s Manager, staff, and other relevant parties to ensure effective communication, and to develop and review resident’s Care Plans.
· To contribute to the training of care and other staff, including participation in Melrose Care’s NVQ strategy as an Assessor or to provide evidence of competence.
· To ensure that he/she continually seeks to improve his/her own performance, skills, and knowledge, staying up to date with nursing and managerial skills.
· To liaise with the Home Manager or a designated person who is ‘on call’ as necessary.
· To be available to attend mandatory staff training and staff meetings.
Salary: Excellent rates of pay dependent on experience.
Shift patterns comprise of:
· You will be required to arrive 20 minutes prior to your shift time to attend a paid handover, and you will be required to work weekends.
The right person will be/have:
· The ability to administer medication including controlled drugs and PR medication
· The ability to work as a team member and lead
· Direct experience of understanding the personal care and potential nursing needs of older people
· Able to communicate both written and verbally
· Experience of supervising others
· Health and Safety knowledge
· Qualified Registered Nurse (RN2 must have recognised managerial qualifications or training to progress beyond pt29)
· An understanding of Infection Prevention & Control and to adhere to this at all times
· A kind and compassionate nature
· Approved person First Aid Certificate
· Experience in non-hospital setting
· Good motivational skills
· Management experience
· Experience in working with older people
· Interest in staff training and development
· Free uniform
· Paid training
· Free meal when working over 6 hours each day
· Refer a friend reward scheme
· Paid breaks
· Paid handover
· 5.6 weeks holiday per year pro rata
· DBS refund after completing 6 months employment
· Pension Scheme
· Opportunities for overtime
Applicant must be a UK resident.
Melrose Care Home does not have any on-site parking