Website Oakland Court
To work 30 hours a week, Monday to Friday 10:00 -15:00, including either a Saturday or Sunday every other weekend.
The hourly rate is £11.12 (Weekdays), £12.12 (Weekends), and £13.12 (Overtime).
As an Activities Coordinator, you will plan and implement an imaginative, varied calendar of activities within the home in collaboration with the manager. Making sure each of the residents can pursue activities they enjoy, covering a wide range of past-times, social activities, outings, and events. Ensuring the residents are supported to live as independently as possible and enhance their involvement with their family, friends, and the local community. To have the ability to be very much ‘hands on’ with the activities that are being provided to the residents.
All members of the care team are dedicated and have a genuine interest in those that they care for, creating a happy and safe environment within the home.
- You’ll be great at communicating with different people, including residents, their family members, and your team.
- Have a resilient, caring and positive attitude, with a peaceful demeanour to help and support individuals with various requirements and abilities.
- Demonstrate professionalism, reliability, and have a strong commitment to both the residents and the team.
- Be flexible, motivated, and organised with the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Have a welcoming and courteous manner and a genuine interest in the people that live within the home.
- Possess a basic level of experience in the field.
Skills and qualifications
- Previous experience working with older people and dementia and organising activities is desirable but not essential.
- Someone who is creative and has a genuine interest in those they care for in the home.
- Have experience in Health and Social Care or supporting Activities or be willing to work towards higher level of vocational qualifications.
- Identifying resident activity needs.
- Liaising with residents, relatives, friends of residents and staff to ensure full knowledge of the resident’s likes, dislikes, interests, abilities, and difficulties.
- Exploring the most appropriate methods and resources for meeting activity needs, including group events, individual sessions, involving internal and external sources and involving community-based resources.
- Planning a varied programme of activity based around the needs of the resident.
- Providing activities based on the planned programme.
- Maintaining a portfolio of information, including the range of activities available within the home and the local community.
- Organising theme events for Annual Summer and Christmas Parties as required, based on local holidays, traditions, etc.
- Organising outings as appropriate, considering safety needs and staffing requirements.
- Participating in fund-raising events as required.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Higher rates of pay for experienced & qualified staff
- Enhanced rates of pay for working weekends, Bank Holidays and overtime
- Sick pay benefit scheme
- Paid breaks
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid DBS checks
- Blue Light discount package (superb discounts on travel, leisure, entertainment and more)
- Uniforms provided
- Performance bonuses
- Paid induction and training time
- On-the-job development
- Support with the Care Certificate
- Supervision, team, and appraisal meetings
- Qualifications sponsorship and support
- Career pathways
- Pension contributions
- Long service award
- Refer a friend scheme.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for Oakland Care Group, then please do not hesitate to apply.
Right To Work In The UK:
To be able to work in the UK, you either need to be a British Citizen, have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or a passport which shows either:
- indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK
- no time limit to your stay in the UK
- a certificate of entitlement to the Right of Abode
- exemption from immigration control
To be able to work in the UK without any of these, you will need a business who has a licence to sponsor overseas applicants from the UK Government’s Home Office to be willing to offer you a role and sponsorship. They are only able to offer a limited amount of places to those requiring sponsorship for a Visa to those presently living in the UK, but not for those who presently reside outside of the UK.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.