Website Oakland Court
To work 31.5 hours a week, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday.
The hourly rate is £12.12 during the weekdays, £13.12 at weekends, and £16.30 for overtime.
The Chef will support the Chef Manager in providing a premium level service, delivering exquisite dishes with a traditional influence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To follow and adapt as necessary, the menu as laid down by the Chef Manager.
- Ensure the quality of the produce used is of a high standard.
- Produce meals consisting of a 3-course lunch and dinner service for approximately 32 residents on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure all health & safety legislation is adhered to in the preparation and serving of meals.
You’ll be an experienced cook/chef (with 2 years minimum) who is used to preparing meals for a large number of people. Ideally, you’ll have worked in a care home setting.
You will be a great multi-tasker who can work well under pressure and use their own initiative. You will work well as part of a team, working together and contributing to the success of the care group.
You will need to be flexible, motivated, and organised with the ability to work on your own and as part of a team. You must have a welcoming and courteous manner and a genuine interest in the people that live within the home.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Higher rates of pay for experienced & qualified staff
- Enhanced rates of pay for working weekends, Bank Holidays and overtime
- Sick pay benefit scheme
- Paid breaks
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid DBS checks
- Blue Light discount package (superb discounts on travel, leisure, entertainment and more)
- Uniforms provided
- Performance bonuses
- Paid induction and training time
- On-the-job development
- Support with the Care Certificate
- Supervision, team, and appraisal meetings
- Qualifications sponsorship and support
- Career pathways
- Pension contributions
- Long service award
- Refer a friend scheme.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for Oakland Care Group, then please do not hesitate to apply.
Right To Work In The UK:
To be able to work in the UK, you either need to be a British Citizen, have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or a passport which shows either:
- indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK
- no time limit to your stay in the UK
- a certificate of entitlement to the Right of Abode
- exemption from immigration control
To be able to work in the UK without any of these, you will need a business who has a licence to sponsor overseas applicants from the UK Government’s Home Office to be willing to offer you a role and sponsorship. They are only able to offer a limited amount of places to those requiring sponsorship for a Visa to those presently living in the UK, but not for those who presently reside outside of the UK.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.