Location: Bognor Regis, Felpham
Salary: £10.42 – £10.92 per hour
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 8 hours per week available on weekends. You can choose a flexible schedule between 08:00 and 14:00, working 4 hours per day.
Under 22 years – £10.42 per hour (weekdays), £11.42 per hour (weekends), and £12.42 (overtime).
Over 23 years – £10.92 per hour (weekdays), £11.92 per hour (weekends), and £12.92 per hour (overtime).
As a Laundry Supervisor, your primary responsibility is to ensure the efficient operation of the laundry facility while maintaining high standards of cleanliness. This includes handling, washing, and properly storing linens and clothing, as well as promptly reporting any damaged or worn items.
In addition, you are required to attend in-house training sessions, which may include laundry equipment operation, COSHH, Fire Safety, Health & Safety, and Manual Handling. Strict adherence to all health and safety policies and procedures is essential.
Attention to detail is crucial in this role, and you are responsible for maintaining a clean and organised laundry facility during each shift. You will be provided with a uniform, which is mandatory while on duty, along with appropriate footwear as required by regulations.
You can expect excellent support from your colleagues and opportunities for training and career advancement.
- Adherence to all Policies and Procedures relevant to the laundry facility, available for reference within the care home.
- Attendance at all relevant training sessions, including mandatory training in compliance with the care home’s policies and regulations.
- Cleaning and sanitising all linens, clothing, and personal items to a high standard, and ensuring proper storage.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organisation within the laundry area.
- Promptly reporting any equipment issues or maintenance needs.
- Following laundry schedules and ensuring timely delivery of clean items.
- Assisting with inventory management and tracking of laundry supplies.
- Providing support to residents and their families regarding laundry services when necessary.
- Adhering to all health and safety protocols and infection control measures.
- Collaborating with the care home’s staff to meet residents’ needs and provide an exceptional living environment.
Whilst it is not necessary to have previous care experience, you will need to be over the age of 18 years, and you must be able to demonstrate that you have a genuine interest in working with older people. You will need to have the ability to understand the needs of the residents, be compassionate, and work well as part of a team.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Higher rates of pay for experienced & qualified staff
- Enhanced rates of pay for working weekends, Bank Holidays, and overtime
- Sick pay benefit scheme
- Paid breaks
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid DBS checks
- Blue Light discount package (superb discounts on travel, leisure, entertainment and more)
- Uniforms provided
- Performance bonuses
- Paid induction and training time
- On-the-job development
- Support with the Care Certificate
- Supervision, team, and appraisal meetings
- Qualifications sponsorship and support
- Career pathways
- Pension contributions
- Long service award
- £250 refer a friend scheme
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable care home, then please do not hesitate to apply.
Right To Work In The UK:
To be able to work in the UK, you either need to be a British Citizen, have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or a passport which shows either:
- Indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK
- No time limit to your stay in the UK
- A certificate of entitlement to the Right of Abode
- Exemption from immigration control
To be able to work in the UK without any of these, you will need a business who has a licence to sponsor overseas applicants from the UK Government’s Home Office to be willing to offer you a role and sponsorship. They are only able to offer a limited amount of places to those requiring sponsorship for a Visa to those presently living in the UK, but not for those who presently reside outside of the UK.