Oakland Grange, located in the heart of Littlehampton is looking for a Night Care Assistant, to work 36 hours a week, from 20:00 to 08:00, every Saturday night and two flexible night shifts during the week.
- New person to care is £11.12 during the weekdays, £12.12 at weekends, and £13.12 for overtime.
- NVQ 2 the hourly rate is £11.32 during the weekdays, £12.32 at weekends, and £13.32 for overtime.
- NVQ 3 the hourly rate is £11.42 during the weekdays, £12.42 at weekends, and £13.42 for overtime.
We are looking for a Night Care Assistant who will work as part of a team providing high-quality person-centred care to the residents, ensuring you meet their specific and individual needs.
All members of their care team are dedicated and have a genuine interest in those that they care for, creating a happy and safe environment within the home.
- Assist all colleagues in the delivery of direct care to residents.
- Assist residents to participate in activities of daily living in accordance with care plans.
- Assist residents to articulate their personal needs and respond to these effectively, bearing in mind communication difficulties or barriers.
- Facilitate and participate in residents’ activities.
- Promote communication within the team.
- Accompany residents on outings when required.
- Follow residents’ care plans and complete all recording as required.
- Act as key worker to residents as agreed with your line manager.
- Respond to calls quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain care of equipment
- To be aware of the Emergency Plan and Emergency Procedures, including those relating to Fire
- To follow direction given through care plan updates, care system communication and handover meetings and/or information provided by the Senior Care Assistants and Management team.
- To complete all mandatory training and any training required for personal or professional development as determined by the organisation and its management team.
- Maintain residents’ and the organisation’s confidentiality.
- Comply with all Oakland Care Group policies and procedures and keep mandatory training and professional knowledge up to date.
Whilst it is not necessary to have previous care experience, you must be able to demonstrate that you have a genuine interest in working with older people. You will need to have the ability to understand the needs of the residents, be compassionate and work well as part of a team.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Higher rates of pay for experienced & qualified staff
- Enhanced rates of pay for working weekends, Bank Holidays and overtime
- Sick pay benefit scheme
- Paid breaks
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid DBS checks
- Blue Light discount package (superb discounts on travel, leisure, entertainment and more)
- Uniforms provided
- Performance bonuses
- Paid induction and training time
- On-the-job development
- Support with the Care Certificate
- Supervision, team, and appraisal meetings
- Qualifications sponsorship and support
- Career pathways
- Pension contributions
- Long service award
- Refer a friend scheme.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for Oakland Care Group, then please do not hesitate to apply.
Right To Work In The UK:
To be able to work in the UK, you either need to be a British Citizen, have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or a passport which shows either:
- indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK
- no time limit to your stay in the UK
- a certificate of entitlement to the Right of Abode
- exemption from immigration control
To be able to work in the UK without any of these, you will need a business who has a licence to sponsor overseas applicants from the UK Government’s Home Office to be willing to offer you a role and sponsorship. They are only able to offer a limited amount of places to those requiring sponsorship for a Visa to those presently living in the UK, but not for those who presently reside outside of the UK.