We are hiring for a fabulous Full Time Cook / Chef for our family run Care Home.
Working 36 hours a week (including some weekends) your duties will include:
– To order fresh food and other supplies from our suppliers
– To regularly monitor performance of suppliers and to check that suppliers’ prices remain competitive and keeping the proprietor informed accordingly.
– To monitor stock control and to inform the manager of any discrepancies. Stock rotation to minimise food waste and dispose of any food to be past its sell by date.
– To account for all monies issued & receipts obtained.
– To prepare menus as agreed with the manager, observing residents special dietary needs where appropriate.
– To prepare nutritional food and beverages to a high standard and promptly within meal times.
– To ensure timely and efficient cleaning of all dishes and cooking utensils.
– To maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times.
– To undertake other duties as necessary.
Immediate start available, subject to DBS & References.
DBS cost met by employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.