Website Sussex Grange Limited
Deputy Manager – Sussex Grange Care Home
Supporting the Registered Manager to ensure the safe and efficient running of Sussex Grange Care Home
37 Hrs per week including weekend work and on call
The purpose of the job
To maintain and enhance the success of Sussex Grange Care Home as a provider of quality care and support.
To comply with all the Standards set by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
To ensure that all relevant laws are complied with
To ensure that all staff follow the Sussex Grange Policies and Procedures
1. Management of Services
· Build effective working relationships with relevant groups & agencies that may be directly or indirectly involved in the purchasing or allocation of care
· Take responsibility, as the person-in-charge, for the day-to-day running of the service.
· Ensure that the service is managed and provided in accordance with Sussex Grange’s policies and procedures.
· Ensure the provision of a high-quality service and ensure that performance and quality standards for care, support and equality and diversity are met.
· Implement the requirements of the Care Quality Commission, in line with the Care Act.
· Investigate complaints, take appropriate action and report to the CEO and/or CQC.
· Liaise with and co-operate with CQC inspectors and inspections.
· Adapt to changes introduced under new legislation
· Ensure that all necessary risk assessments are carried out as and when required.
2. Management of Human Resources
· To work, as part of the leadership team, to take line management responsibility for a team of carers.
· Support the Directors and Registered Manager to manage grievance and disciplinary matters in accordance with Sussex Grange’s procedures.
· Ensure all staff training is implemented, managed and monitored according to CQC requirements and Sussex Grange Policies & Procedures.
· Attend regular team meetings and residents’ meetings
3. Supervision, Performance Appraisal and Training
· To take the lead in supporting and training care staff to deal with difficult situations
· Take part in training to improve job performance and increase management effectiveness.
· Provide formal supervision and complete appraisals for those staff directly line managed, ensuring that individual work, supervision and training targets are set, monitored and met.
· Provide induction and training to care staff as necessary.
· Monitor staff training needs and act accordingly; inform the Manager of any concerns
· To deputise as required.
· Act with integrity
· Treat confidential business matters and communications with respect
· Ensure that all the necessary steps are taken to eradicate wastage and meet financial goals
· To work flexibly – covering both admin and care hours. Skilled to adapt to admin time opportunity’s through effective shift planning and delegation.
General Duties & Expectations
· Ensure that all members of staff meet with legal requirements and comply with Sussex Grange’s Health and Safety Policy.
· Carry out risk assessments as required
· Ensure that all records are adequately completed & maintained
· Ensure records are kept up to date, and information communicated to the Directors and other employees as necessary.
· Actively promote Sussex Grange in the best light at all times by ensuring that relationships with Care Managers, inspectors, purchasers, commissioning bodies, other organisations and the local community are managed positively and appropriately.
· Work to raise the profile of Sussex Grange as a significant organisation and service provider.
· Work within and promote compliance with Sussex Grange’s Equality and Diversity Policy in all areas.
· Ensure any information relating to residents, and / or staff of the organisation, is treated in the strictest confidence and according to Sussex Grange’s policies and procedures.
· Lead by example and observe Sussex Grange’s values, at all times promoting Sussex Grange in a positive way
· Ensure that the home is maintained to a high standard
· Ensure that the home is kept clean & tidy
· Ensure that the safety of the residents is optimised through appropriate risk assessment of the building and compliance with all relevant laws, with particular emphasis on fire safety and infection control
· Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post as requested by the Registered Manage / Directors
Uphold the Values of Sussex Grange
· Be kind
· Be respectful
· Treat people as individuals
· Everyone matters
QUALIFICATION: NVQ Level 3 or other relevant qualification. Willingness to work towards NVQ Level 5.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:-
· Experience of leading staff in a Care Home or similar Environment
· Experience with Care Planning Systems e.g Nourish, log my care, standex, care docs
· Experience of carrying out Home and care assessments
· Knowledge of the care sector and in particular elderly residential care
· Willing to learn in depth of regulatory framework (CQC) relating to care homes.
· An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
· An understanding of person-centered care and approach with a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
· Ability to liaise effectively and professionally with a range of stakeholders.
· Ability to understand and respect working with budgets and financial plans
· Ability to use initiative and lead a team
· strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong organisational and time management skills both for yourself and supporting others
· Proficient in the use of standard MS office packages (Word/Outlook/Excel)
· Willingness to create a trusting and professional close partnership with the registered manager
· Drive and passion to deliver and expect excellent care and full compliance with H&S and regulatory requirements
· Flexibility to alternate working pattern, provide cover and attend emergencies outside of normal working hours
· Hands on approach with ‘on the floor’ experience.
· Values driven, understanding that ‘Everybody matters’ (residents, team members, all employees, family, stakeholders)
· Ability to promote Sussex Grange Values
· To support all team members in a positive way through a time of transition and moving forwards
· Ability to cover day hours as per contract both in admin and on shift
Reference ID: AM102020
Application deadline: 21/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,500-£23,000 per year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.