Website United Response
Role: Waking Night Support Worker (6 month FTC)
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Are you passionate about supporting others?
United Response is looking for a dedicated and compassionate individual to join one of our busy supporting living services in Crawley as a Waking Night Support Worker.
This service currently supports 8 individuals with a range of physical and learning disabilities across 2 properties. The people we support area fun loving bunch of characters who love getting out and about when they can, your role as a Waking Night Support Worker will centre on ensuring that they are able to live safely and comfortably in the properties after active days.
This is an active Waking Nights Support Worker role where you will:
- Assist with jobs around the house
- Monitoring the health of the people we support
- Dealing with any disruption during the night
- Updating and maintaining relevant documentation
- Supporting with evening and morning routines
- Deal with some behaviours that may challenge
- Personal care
What we need from you:
To be a successful Waking Nights Support Worker you should combine a genuine desire to support people with a friendly and conversational personality that will help to ensure the people we support enjoy the environment in their own home. As this can be a challenging role at times, previous experience of working within social care would be beneficial but is not essential. As you will be working as part of a larger team you should have strong communication skills, it’s also vital that you can use your initiative and have a great sense of humour.
What you get from us:
In return for your dedication and hard work as a Waking Nights Support Worker you will receive:
- £8.91 per hour
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time)
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Please note that this role will be subject to a full DBS check.
To apply for this job please visit unitedr.octo-firstclass.co.uk.