Website Turning Point
Everyone’s Turning Point is unique. It’s the moment when they realise they’ve made a small, but important, step forward. Very often, that small step is the start of something bigger, but only when the right support, advice and services are in place. That’s where you come in. You’ll make a real difference to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and recovery-focused support plans they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you’ll support them to take control, improve their quality of life and face the future with confidence.
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and skilled Recovery Support Worker to join our new team at Beach House. The service provides high support housing to service users with enduring mental health backgrounds. The service consists of 8 flats and offers a full recovery and rehabilitation package to our service users.
We aim to support and assess on-going needs of our service users to build on their existing skills while learning new ones. All service users are allocated to a named Support Worker. Service users are required to fully participate in the process of planning their care, which includes attending support/key work sessions with staff; this time is for clients to discuss any issues or areas of concern they may have, or perhaps go out for a coffee/trip to local activities, or be supported with a practical task in their flat such as cleaning or laundry.
You will provide recovery focused support to service users in accordance with their support plans. You will have well-honed skills in positive communication, engagement, and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for service users.
You will have the maturity to work within a positive framework supporting clients. You will have the ability to deliver services and interventions in a person centred, non-judgmental manner, and recovery-based way.
You will work alongside members of the service user’s circle of support, to enable individuals to be happy, healthy, and successful in achieving their life goals.
Your typical duties will include:
– providing support and guidance to service users
– daily record keeping and incident report writing
– running group activities
– help with inducting new staff members
– upholding the cleanliness of the service to adhere to infection prevention control measures
You will be required to work in a flexible manner on a roster basis including office hours, evenings, some weekends and sleep-ins.
The Ideal Candidate
Previous experience in the mental health sector is desirable but not essential. What is important is that you have a genuine desire to support individuals in their recovery and have a can-do attitude.
We need compassionate, proactive and professional individuals who are highly motivated, hardworking and keen to support service users with mental health and complex care needs. Being a good communicator is essential, to be able to get on with people of all ages and from all backgrounds, and you will also be liaising with other professionals.
We value the personal skills and interests you can bring to the role and to the lives of the service users we support, such as: sports, arts and crafts, music and cooking to name but a few.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don’t just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
– Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
– 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
– An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
– Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
– Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
– Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
– A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
– Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
– Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
– A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.