Proud to Care West Sussex
The purpose of this privacy notice is to tell you about how we collect and use personal data in connection with our service. We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we do this, we will communicate any changes to you and publish the revised privacy notice on our website.
This privacy notice explains:
- How personal information is going to be used
- Who it might be shared with and why
- What it is used for
- How long it is kept
The information you provide helps us deliver our services effectively.
Personal and special category data
The types of personal data we are processing are:
- full name
- date of birth
- phone number
- email address
- health data (where applicable)
- criminal history (where applicable)
- employment history
- location data
- online identifiers
- such as IP address
- the technology used to access the website
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is registered as a ‘Data Controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Reg. No. Z6413427).
We ensure that your personal data is accurate, processed fairly and lawfully, kept securely and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Processing is necessary for:
- The performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority or
- The purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights, and freedoms of the data subject or
- For reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of law which is proportionate to the aim pursued and which contains appropriate safeguards.
Where processing is based on consent it can be withdrawn at any time by contacting the Proud to Care team at email@example.com
How we use information:
- As a care provider/employer
- We use your information to populate a password protected dashboard which enables you to upload/edit & renew any adult social care vacancies you have.
- Proud to Care West Sussex reserves the right to decline account registration, edit & renew job vacancies and unpublish/delete vacancies at any time in line with Proud to Care West Sussex’s policies.
- Relevant information will be provided to job seekers currently being processed via our matching service. This would entail providing them with contact details to ensure a successful referral.
- Personal data will be transferred to internal departments if deemed necessary to process your request. This will not be excessive and only to serve a purpose for internal services only. We will not process this information with external/third parties.
- Statistics are often gathered for internal reporting only and these reports sometimes contain personal data on employers. We do however, limit this where possible.
- As a job seeker/website visitor
- We use data obtained via the matching service to complete internal reports on the success of our services. Personal data is not included in these reports which are purely for statistical purposes.
- Job seekers currently being processed via the matching service have their details securely logged on internal documents which cannot be accessed by external parties or colleagues. In line with our retention policy this data is only stored for up to 24 months and is securely anonymised at this time.
- We use the data collected to support you throughout the matching service and to monitor the success of your job placement.
Who we share your data with:
- We may share your data with internal departments.
- We may share information with external close partners we work with, such as NHS Trust, other county or district councils or social care organisations such as skills for care, especially on employment and skills projects.
- We may share your information without asking you if a child or other person is considered to be at risk of significant harm, people working with you will have a duty of care to share the information with the relevant services without consent.
- We will share your data when required by law.
The Proud to Care West Sussex website has 3 different web forms to collect data required for the delivery of the service.
The forms on our website that collect, and store information are:
- Matching service form
- Collects personal information to fulfil our matching service needs and match job seekers with available vacancies in West Sussex.
- Contact us form
- Collects personal information solely with the intent of actioning your reasonable request or answering your questions. Data collected via this form is not stored once the requested action has been deemed completed.
- Employers hub signup form
- Collects personal information for the purpose of creating an employers account for use in the employers dashboard. For more information on our accounts and the information used please see the “Accounts” section further down.
This information is received securely via a West Sussex County Council email address on a secure server.
The Proud to Care West Sussex website contains a password protected employers dashboard where adult social care providers can advertise their available vacancies. Each eligible provider has their own user logins which is stored securely on Proud to Care West Sussex servers.
If you are an employer and you wish to have your account deleted or amended, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will action this request within 7 working days.
Links to social media
The Proud to Care West Sussex website has links to its social media pages and accounts. Proud to Care West Sussex doesn’t collect any personal data through these links.
In relation to social media platforms we use, please see the following webpages for their own respective privacy policies:
The Proud to Care West Sussex website has links to external websites. West Sussex County Council takes no responsibility for the content or data protection on these sites. Please check their respective privacy policies or contact the organisations directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Proud to Care West Sussex sometimes stores small files called ‘cookies’ on your computer or other device to help improve your experience on the website. Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
How long we will keep your personal information
West Sussex County Council will hold this information for as long as it is needed, or if we are required to do so by law. In practice this means that your personal information may be retained for:
- We will keep your data for 24 months from the point of last contact with us and then securely anonymize it.
In relation to other systems on this website, please see the following webpages:
Cookie expiration varies from the time of closing a browser up to two years.
Your rights as a data subject:
The law gives you a number of rights to control what and how personal information is used by us, including the right to access a copy of your personal information and withdraw your consent when we rely on your permission to use your personal data.
If you would like to file a complaint, please email us at email@example.com and we will acknowledge and action the complaint as soon as possible.
If you think we have dealt with your information inappropriately or unlawfully, you have the right to complain to the ICO at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Visit the ICO website for more information.