Privacy Notice for Proud to Care West Sussex
This is the Proud to Care Privacy Notice to customers who wish to use this service to make connections and obtain information. We collect and process personal information when:
- Care providers fill in a form to submit a job vacancy
- Individuals visit the website and complete the on line enquiry form.
The categories of personal data we are processing may include names and contact data, identifiers and personal characteristics, employment history, physical and mental health information.
This notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what it is used for, who it might be shared with and why, and for how long it is kept.
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) complies with the Data Protection Act and the GDPR and is registered as a ‘Data Controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Reg. No. Z6413427).
We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly and lawfully, is accurate, is kept secure and is retained for no longer than is necessary.
The Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Processing is necessary for:
- The performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority or
- The purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party , except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or
- For reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of law which is proportionate to the aim pursued and which contains appropriate safeguards.
How we use information:
- We use the information you submit to advertise the vacancy on the website. West Sussex County Council reserves the right to decline, edit or unpublish any job vacancy at any time
- We use your data to support you in your job application and to monitor the success of your placement
- We may also use your information in some analysis of how the project is working.
- From time to time we may send you information you may be interested in You can unsubscribe at any point.
Who we share your data with:
- We may share your data with internal departments.
- We may share information with the close partners we work with, especially on employment and skills projects.
- We may share your information without asking you if a child or other person is considered to be at risk of significant harm, people working with you will have a duty of care to share the information with the relevant services without consent.
- We will share your data when required by law.
The Proud to Care West Sussex website contains web forms which can be used by visitors wishing to submit their contact details or other useful information. If you enter your details on the form, it is sent directly to a West Sussex County Council email address.
Links to social media
The Proud to Care West Sussex website has links to its social media pages and accounts. Proud to Care West Sussex doesn’t collect any personal data through these links. Please check each social media platform for their privacy policies or contact them directly if you have any questions.
The Proud to Care West Sussex website has links to external websites. West Sussex County Council takes no responsibility for the content or data protection on these sites. Please check their privacy policies or contact the organisations directly if you have any questions.
Proud to Care West Sussex sometimes stores small files called ‘cookies’ on your computer or other device to help improve your experience on the website. Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
Personal data will not be retained for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected. We will keep your data for 18 months and then securely destroy it.